A complilation of five very early shorts displaying the work of director Edwin S. Porter, including D. W. Griffith's acting debut. Porter began as Thomas Edison's camerman going on to become a director of note.
- Rescued from the Eagle's Nest (1908 - 8 minutes - Silent) Directed by J. Searle Dawley - Starring D. W. Griffith (film acting debut) - The story of a man who rescues a baby snatched by an eagle and taken to his aerie. Edwin S. Porter was cinematographer on this project.
- Dream of a Rarebit Fiend (1906 - 7 Minutes) Directed by Edwin S. Porter - Starring Jack Brawn - A glutton, the "Rarebit Fiend," gorges himself on rarebit and has wild hallucinatory dreams. Adapted from Winsor McCay's comics of the period.
- Great Train Robbery (1903 - 12 Minutes - Silent) Directed by Edwin S. Porter - Starring A. C. Abadie, Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, Justus D. Barnes, Walter Cameron, Frank Hanaway, Morgan Jones, Tom London, Marie Murray, Mary Snow - Bandits rob a train and tie up the clerk, but are foiled when a little girl finds the clerk, unties him and they notify the sherrif. An early, humorous western short.
- Life of an American Cowboy (1906 - 13 Minutes - Silent) Directed by Edwin S. Porter - Starring Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, Vivian Vaughan, Arthur White - An early western short silent.
- Life of an American Fireman (1903 - 6 Minutes - Silent) Directed by Edwin S. Porter - A woman rescued from a burning building tells the firemen that her baby's still asleep in the burning bedroom. One of the earliest narrative films, this early silent action short features a horse-drawn fire truck and life-threatening situations.
"Great content - Generic packaging click here for more info"
"We carry light stock on this title. If we're awaiting a restocking order, it may take two weeks or more to ship to you. "
Black and White, 46 minutes DVDR 1903-1908
Starring: D. W. Griffith, Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, Jack Brawn, Vivian Vaughan, Arthur White, A. C. Abadie, Justus D. Barnes, Walter Cameron, Frank Hanaway, Morgan Jones, Tom London, Marie Murray, Mary Snow
Director: Edwin S. Porter, J. Searle Dawley
Vendor #: NFV
Our Price: $29.99
Package: Printed Sleeve, No Picture Available