Six great WWII short films and one rare Korean War film on one VHS:
- THE BATTLE OF MIDWAY - (1942 color) 18:07 min - John Fordís Academy Award-winning short documents this important battle. FDR wanted this film seen by the mothers of America. Henry Fonda is a narrator.
- WOMEN IN DEFENSE - (1942) - Katharine Hepburn narrates this look at the many important jobs performed by American women during World War II.
- PRIVATE SNAFU - FIGHTING TOOLS - (1943) 4:36 min - The World War II cartoon character gets a lesson on the importance of keeping his equipment in tip-top shape.
- THE WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER - (1942 color) 2:43 min - Singer Sugar Kane delivers a patriotic performance concerning war sentiment abroad.
- DIARY OF A SERGEANT - (1945) 26:00 min - Inspirational documentary about a soldier, Harold Russell, who is fitted with artificial arms. Russell subsequently won an Academy Award in William Wylerís The Best Years of our Lives.
- AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A JEEP - (1943) 9:29 min - Lighthearted look at this symbol of Americaís wartime presence thoughout the world.
- THIS IS KOREA! - (1951 color) 49:18 min - Directed by John Ford, this offbeat and impressionistic study of the Marinesí struggle for Korea - was the only color documentary made concerning the Korean War. A seldom seen classic.
Winner of two 'Telly' Awards
"Series Synopsis: THE UNCLE SAM MOVIE COLLECTION offers a unique glimpse into American history and popular culture -- taking audiences on a fascinating journey into our nation's past! Experience the power of motion pictures to persuade, inform, honor and celebrate the contributions and sacrifices made by the men and women of the 20th century who left us the world in which we live. Many of Hollywood's greatest filmmakers contributed their talents to the making of these films. Content in most of these films is surprisingly relevant to today's global events and headlines.
THE UNCLE SAM MOVIE COLLECTION is hosted by Denis Arndt, acclaimed stage, screen and television actor and decorated Vietnam veteran."
"We carry light stock on this title. If we're awaiting a restocking order, it may take two weeks or more to ship to you. "
BC, 135 minutes VHS 2000
Starring: Denis Arndt, Henry Fonda, Katharine Hepburn, Sugar Kane, Harold Russell
Director: John Ford
Medium: Special Interest
Our Price: $12.99
Package: Printed Sleeve